Feb 27Liked by Ben Patrick Holden

You are writing essays, which are defined as "a short piece of writing on a particular subject". Academic pieces with footnotes are generally called articles. And have you read Terry Pratchett? Definitely not academic, and he's known for his footnotes. :) Have you googled "books of essays"? Many many, the vast majority of which are not academic at all. But if you don't like the word "essay", call it "creative non-fiction pieces". (Sorry, the teacher and editor in me came out!)

Regardless of what you call your writings, I enjoy them. And I also appreciate the struggle between creators needing to be paid, and being disabled without 'extra' money.

Expand full comment